“Photography is not for the satisfaction of others. Neither is it some kind of responsibility or mission. It is a mean to fill a personal void.”
Fabrizio is an Italian photographer based in London (UK).
He was born in Naples (Italy) in 1970. After graduating from Engineering university, he moved to the UK where he currently lives.
Self-taught and greatly inspired by an uncle who was professional photographer, Fabrizio has always been passionate about visual arts and in the last ten years has completely devoted himself to photography.
Fabrizio is currently focusing his creative energy on a series of personal projects where he puts together various types of images - such as portraits and scenes with family, friends or chance encounters, pictures of indoor and outdoor spaces, candid and documentary photographs, fragments from dreams and from daily experiences - with the aim to create layered, deep and introspective stories.
He is a founding member of the Italian photography collective SPontanea.
- Katsuyama (Japan), April 2018 - Solo exhibition: "i like frogs, sometimes" at Hakusan-tei art gallery, Heisenji.
- London (UK), Dec 2015 - Group exhibition at the Artisan Art Cafe', Ealing, London. Presenting the "fosfoleina 69" series.
- FacePhotoNews Festival, Sassoferrato (Italy), May 2014 - SPontanea collective group exhibition. Presenting the "Unfair Funfair" series, part of the collective project "City Limits".
- Rosignano Photo Festival, Rosignano (Italy), April 2014 - SPontanea collective group exhibition.
- London (UK), October 2013 - Group exhibition: 25th London Independent Photography (LIP) exhibition, The Strand Gallery.
- London (UK), June 2013 - Group exhibition: "Little Adventures" at the Pittshanger Manor Gallery, Ealing. Multimedia Installation with photos from the "160yen" project.
- Naples (Italy), Oct-Nov 2012 - Solo exhibition: "Tokyo retrospective (2008-2012)" at the Keste' Diner, Pozzuoli, Napoli.
- London (UK), March-April 2012 - Solo exhibition: "Shine on Japan" at the electric coffee Co Art Cafe', Ealing.
- London (UK), October 2011 - Group exhibition: 23rd London Independent Photography (LIP) exhibition. The Strand Gallery.
- London (UK), July 2011 - Group exhibition: "Shine on Japan" - Matchbox Media launch event.
Fanzines and books
- See the "printed" page
Selected articles & tear sheets
- "fosfoleina 69" featured on the Landscape Stories blog - here (June 2016).
- The "fosfoleina 69" fanzine reviewed on the Unknown Books Library (TUB) blog - here (April 2016).
- An article where I talk about my current relationship with photography with some photographs from 'fosfoleina69' on the March 2016issue of the fLIP magazine. [tear sheet]
- "i like frogs, sometimes" selected as Editor pick on the prestigious Lens Culture photography portal - here (Nov 2014).
- A chat about what photography means for me on the Art of Creative Photography blog - here (July 2014)
- Some photographs published on issue n.7 of the vieworld magazine (Jan 2014).
- Photos from the ongoing documentary project "i like frogs, sometimes" were featured on issue n.23 of the Camerapixo magazine (Sept 2012)
- Fabrizio's piece about the story behind the "160 yen" work has been published on the winter 2011 issue of the fLIP magazine. [tear sheet]
- A selection of my work was featured on issue n.15 of the Camerapixo magazine.
- A photo essay about the 160yen project was featured on the prestigious IPA (Invisible Photographer Asia) website.
- The November 2011 issue of the Chinese Travel and Photography magazine featured a long interview with me together with a selection of my photos.
- TRUTH magazine, Issue n.5 (January 2011) featured four 160yen photos. [tear sheet 1] [tear sheet 2]
- The 160yen project won the Black+White Photography magazine "Travel" competition and photos and an interview are on the May 2011 issue. [tear sheet]